Monday, May 14, 2012

Before and After Pics 2.0

I posted some before and after pictures on September 13 of last year. That is the most popular blog post of all so I just wanted to update it a little bit.

Here is the original before picture (Beginning of February, about 1 month in; ~195-200 lbs.):




Here is the one from last September (about 8 months in; 167 lbs.):




Here is the most recent from my lowest weight yet, 155 lbs.:

Not a crazy amount of weight loss but I'm getting to the point where there is not much more to lose. I'm still following pretty much the original diet; using a lot of the recipes I have posted on here. I am still using mostly the same exercise plan that used leading up to my duathlon and half-marathon; that's seems to be what helped me break my plateau of weight-loss. When I was a freshman in high-school, I remember that my weight on my physical for soccer was 154 lbs. so I'm right where I was as a 14 year-old.

People keep asking me where I'm going to go from here and the answer is...I'm not really sure as far as weight loss goes. I'm not really pushing to lose any more weight but if I can shed a couple more pounds of body fat I would be cool with that. The truth is that I'm comfortable with my current diet and lifestyle and don't really feel like I'm sacrificing too much; and I really like how I look and feel right now. But where to go from here...I want to keep challenging myself; so marathon, triathlons, maybe half- or full-ironman eventually. I want to be in the kind of condition where I won't be too intimidated by anything, so I guess that's where I want to go from here. If you have any suggestions of how I can challenge myself, I'm open to any thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment