Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Diet Plan and Starting Point Pic

So as I have said before, for weight-loss/control, what you eat is by far the most important thing you can pay attention to. I had a good eating plan previously that let me lose a quarter of my body weight but, as  I said yesterday, my digestive system was not putting up with the high level of fiber long-term. Here is my diet plan for 6-days per week:
  • Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with a sprinkling of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles
    •  8:00 am
    • ~300 calories
    • ~$1 per day
  • Lunch: Peanut butter/Jelly sandwich with 100 calorie bread, 1 large can of light soup
    • 12:30 pm
    • ~500 calories 
    • ~$3 per day
  • 1st Dinner: Baked chicken with a green vegetable
    • 6:00 pm
    • ~400 calories
    • ~$3.50 per day
  • 2nd Dinner: Muscle Milk protein shake
    • 9:00 pm
    • ~300 calories
    • ~$2 per day
  • Totals:
    • 1500-1600 calories per day
    • $9.50 per day
I will post my more specifics and my recipes/techniques in the coming weeks. Like I said, I will be eating this 6 days-a-week; I know this sounds extreme but if you're looking for a diet that works really well having repetitive elements and routine is key. Fortunately for me, I don't mind eating the same stuff and I cook pretty well.

Looking at the totals I feel like I will drop 1-2 lbs. per week just based on diet alone. This is in consideration of me being up to 164 lbs. now and have had a diet consistently at around 2500 calories recently. I am pretty excited about being to see results quickly again. I am also excited at the though of spending $9.50 per day to eat; there's always the idea that eating healthy is expensive, which it can be, but if you are creative you can certainly do it on a budget.

And here's the picture I took last night to mark my starting point so I can monitor results over the time period:
Not terrible but not great. We'll see what it looks like in 1,2,3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment