Sunday, January 27, 2013

3-Week Update and Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe

After 3 weeks I weighed in at 157 lbs., a 7 lb. drop from original weigh it. It's pretty good progress so far. I also have altered my routine; I haven't been running at lunch because it's been pretty cold during the day. I joined the local YMCA and have been going there every day for both my cardio and strength and my muscle transformation has certainly been evident. I'll have a 1 month update with weight and pictures next week so everyone can track my progress.

Recipe: Baked BBQ Chicken
Sauce Ingredients: Ketchup, Texas Pete, Apple Cider Vinegar, Agave Nectar, Salt, Black Pepper, Red Pepper

Base Ingredients: Boneless skinless chicken breasts, Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Pam or Cooking oil

  1. Grease a non-stick baking sheet with Pam or cooking oil and place the chicken breasts on it with some separation between them.
  2. Sprinkle on the all the spices evenly over the breasts and place in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes.
  3. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together while the chicken in cooking. I don't have exact measurements, I usually leave it up to taste. I don't like it to be too ketchup-y and like it to have a similar consistency to the Texas Pete. This is my version of a western North Carolina BBQ dip.
  4. After the 20 minutes, pull the chicken out and put a light coating of the sauce on each breast and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.

I generally cook 6 breasts at a time because that's how many come in the value pack. I eat one for dinner with green beans and save the rest for the rest of the week; and eat the same thing every night. When I reheat, I put some of the leftover sauce on top before I microwave it and I've definitely been satisfied so far with my eating schedule and habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment